For six Thursday evenings this Autumn you’re invited to join us at 181 to attend our first set of seminar streams.
Because there are so many good courses out there and different topics we’d like to tackle as a church, we’ve chosen five and plan to run them all at the same time on the same evening.
We’ll grab a drink and have a quick catch up at 7.45pm before breaking off at 8pm into five streams in different rooms around 181. We aim to finish by 9.30pm.
Dates for the seminars are 10, 17, 24 October & 7, 14, 21 November.
Please fill in the form below to register your interest in attending one of the streams.
You may choose one of the following series:
Getting more out of your Bible reading
Led by Phil Vellacott.
No Blind Faith!
Do friends ever ask – do you ask yourself – “Is faith in Jesus Christ ‘believing and hoping DESPITE evidence?’” This seminar series looks at the evidence for the Christian faith and as we explore, we will see that this is, “No Blind Faith!”
- Oct 10th 2019: The Bible I – ancient evidence for the reliability of the Scriptures.
- Rumoured & exaggerated?
- Copied & error-riddled?
- Imagined & created?
- Oct 17th 2019: The Bible II – new evidence for the reliability of the Scriptures. There is fascinating new research that has been compiled in the last few years that further test the reliability of the Scriptures – how do they stand up?
- Nov 7th 2019: Resurrection I – The Apostle Paul wrote, “…if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.” – 1 Corinthians 15:14 – dare we ask the question? What is the evidence for the resurrection? In this seminar we explore evidence from circa AD33.
- Nov 14th 2019: Resurrection II – we continue to look at evidence for the resurrection from what happened after AD33 and through the rest of the first century…
- Nov 21st 2019: Science & Faith – surely there is a contradiction?
Led by Andy Mayo.
The Human Journey
This seminar series aims to establish a biblical framework to engage wisely and sensitively with current issues relating to health and ethics.
- Humanity: What does it mean to be human?
- Start of Life: When does life begin?
- Marriage & Sexuality: What is marriage for?
- Mental Health: Am I supposed to feel like this?
- End of Life: How should life end?
- New Technologies: Are we playing God?
Led by Josh Mills.
For more information visit the course website: humanjourney.org.uk
Led by Rui & Becky Domingues.
For more information visit…
Running the Christian Life
Led by Dan Hubbard
We hope these evenings will prove popular and all being well we plan to run them again next year to give you a chance to attend a different stream.