This Autumn you’re invited to join us at 181 to attend our first set of seminar streams, helping to equip and train us in different areas of life.
We’ll grab a drink and have a quick catch up at 7.45pm before breaking off at 8pm into different streams in rooms around 181. We aim to finish by 9.30pm.
We’ll run the same set of streams on a Tuesday and Wednesday evening so every one has a chance to attend. The dates for the seminars are:
Week 1 – 12, 13 November
Week 2 – 19, 20 November
Week 3 – 26, 27 November
Please fill in the form below to register your interest in attending one of the streams.
You may choose one of the following series:
Getting more out of your Bible reading
How to read the bible better
The bible is a book for every Christian to read. As we do so, it promises that we will hear the voice of God. Sometimes though, it can be confusing, sometimes we don’t dig deep enough into a passage or chapter and leave much yet to be discovered. So if we’re honest, most of us need help when it comes to reading the bible, most of us would do well to dig deeper. These seminars will be introducing us to tools that will help us do that. Tools like the author’s purpose tool, the Bible timeline tool, the copycat tool the vocabulary tool – amongst others. All of them will help us in our quiet times and help us know God better through his word.
Led by Phil Vellacott.
No Blind Faith!
Do friends ever ask – do you ask yourself – “Is faith in Jesus Christ ‘believing and hoping DESPITE evidence?’” This seminar series looks at the evidence for the Christian faith and as we explore, we will see that this is, “No Blind Faith!”
- Nov 12th & 13th 2019: The Bible:
- Rumoured & exaggerated?
- Copied & error-riddled?
- Imagined & created?
- ancient evidence for the reliability of the Scriptures…
- new evidence for the reliability of the Scriptures: there is fascinating new research that has been compiled in the last few years that further test the reliability of the Scriptures – how do they stand up?
- Nov 19th & 20th 2019: Resurrection I – The Apostle Paul wrote, “…if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.” – 1 Corinthians 15:14 – dare we ask the question?
- What is the evidence for the resurrection?
- In this seminar we explore evidence from circa AD33 and then look at evidence for the resurrection from wide historical sources from the first century…
- Nov 26th & 27th 2019: Science & Faith – surely there is a contradiction?
Led by Andy Mayo.
The Human Journey
This seminar series aims to establish a biblical framework to engage wisely and sensitively with current issues relating to health and ethics.
- Humanity: What does it mean to be human?
- Start of Life: When does life begin?
- Marriage & Sexuality: What is marriage for?
- Mental Health: Am I supposed to feel like this?
- End of Life: How should life end?
- New Technologies: Are we playing God?
Led by Josh Mills.
For more information visit the course website: humanjourney.org.uk
We hope these evenings will prove popular and all being well we plan to run them again next year to give you a chance to attend a different stream.